Trade River History

(as recorded by Freda Peterson)

Donated by Gary Peterson




.
Trade River village in the Township of Anderson began with flour and feed mill run by a man named Fandeen. The year is not definite. In the summer of 1886 C.E. Peterson of St. Paul bought the mill from Fandeen and in Oct. of that year moved with his family to Trade River. He operated the mill 10 years on water power until the river was too low when he moved it up on the hill by his residence. ...
Continue reading ...